Friday, September 25, 2009

Out

I am a homebody - I stay home - all the time. I work via the internet - I teach via the internet - I basically socialize over the internet. Other than my daily jaunt to Starbucks, I rarely even leave the house. When I do, its generally around 3AM to go get dog food and the such - and there is rarely anyone out at 3AM - and the few that are out at the grocery store are generally either too drunk or drugged to even make sense - well let's just say you don't really want to talk to them. I keep wondering - I cannot possibly be the only semi-normal person that prefers to sleep during the day and work at night! If not, where are all those other people - are they sitting at home too like me or are they moving about? If so - are they gathering at some secret place where a strange handshake is needed to get in the door?

So today I got up at the crack of 4PM - hey that's early for me! I got dressed and went to the mall. I mainly just walked around for about an hour. I guess I have come to realize that I miss people - seeing people of all kinds - face to face - is nice. Even if you don't talk to anyone, just being around people and not realizing you are alone in the world is nice. I met a girl at a shoe store that made me laugh, another at Spencers where we somehow managed to pull an entire rack of handbags on our heads. It was embarassing but fun.

Boy - I really need to get out more =/

No comments:

Post a Comment